We are a small and friendly investments company looking to hire an experienced local solicitor to start as soon as possible on a part time basis.
The position is about completing routine legal duties diligently and on a timely basis and being able to work using own initiative and with minimal supervision.
Specific duties include:
• Liaising with other professionals such as barristers
• Advising the company on the law and legal issues relating to each case;
• Drafting tailored documents, letters and contracts;
• Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
• Researching and analysing documents and case law to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
• Supervising the implementation of agreements;
• Coordinating the work of all parties involved;
• Corresponding with clients and opposing solicitors;
• Attending meetings and negotiations with opposing parties;
• Acting on behalf of the company in disputes and representing us in court, if necessary;
• Preparing papers for court;
• Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
• Arranging and attending further client meetings where necessary to progress with the case and finalise documentation;
• Checking all documentation prior to signing and implementing;
• Calculating claims for damages, compensation, maintenance, etc;
• Keeping up to date with changes and developments in the law by reading journals and law reports;
• Undertaking a range of continuing professional development (CPD) activities.
Skills needed for this role:
• Knowledgeable about UK laws, rules and regulations.
• Strong English language skills (reading, writing, email/phone)
• Must be organised and well presented
• Experience working as a solicitor
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Ability to organise and prioritise your own work without creating backlogs.
• Analytical mind with strong attention to detail
• Highly organised and with good commercial awareness
• Previous experience of working for small business (advantageous)
• Must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Your experience to date must prove that you are able to handle all aspects of the running of a small business from a legal perspective and also relish in getting involved in other aspects of the business.
You must have excellent human relations skills to deal with customers and staff. You must also have excellent skills in presenting facts to the directors in a simple but effective manner.
The position is available immediately.
Salary dependent upon experience.
References are required.
Please send your CV & a covering letter.
We are happy to discuss flexible hours to suit other commitments/children